Frequently Asked Questions About Metal Roofing in Melbourne.
When it comes to your metal roofing project in Melbourne there may be many questions you have before you get started. Here we answer some of the most commonly asked questions about metal roofing in Melbourne.
Why choose metal roofing for my project?
The 6 most common reasons people choose metal roofing for their roofing project are:
1. Metal roofing offers a wide variety of profiles and colours giving you a broad range of aesthetically pleasing design options.
2. Melbourne Reroofing Group offer a 10 Year warranty, whilst Colorbond offer up to 30 years warranty from BlueScope Steel, covering any corrosion and weathering caused by the natural elements.
3. Metal roofing is both hail resistant and non combustible.
4. Metal roofing when installed by Melbourne Reroofing Group will not absorb or be damaged by water.
5. Steel roofing products are 100% recyclable and made with 25% recycled materials.
6. Metal roofing is lighter, reducing the impact it has on your properties structure.
Are metal roofs noisy?
The old myth that metal roofs are noisy comes from metal roofs installed over barns and sheds, were the metal roofing is installed directly onto open framing without any insulation.
Generally metal roofs are installed over existing roofs or insulation, minimising any noise. Most metal roofs have the same amount of noise as any other type of roof.
Does metal roofing cost more than other metal roofing solutions?
Initially the install costs of a metal roof are slightly higher than other roofing / reroofing solutions, but the life cycle of a metal roof are much lower, and the overall lifespan of a metal roof can be double or triple that of other roofing solutions! The general life span of a metal roof is 40 to 70 years depending on the environment / climate you live in. Many people base their decision on installing a metal roof because they don’t want to or cannot afford to replace their conventional roof every 8 – 12 years.
How can having a metal roof save me money?
Having a metal roof is not only great value for money but can save you money long term.
Here are some of the ways having a metal roof can save you money;
1. Insurance providers look favourably toward metal roofs over conventional roofs due to their strength and resistance to harmful elements. Saving you on insurance premiums! Contact your insurance provider to find out how having a metal roof can save you money.
2. Metal roofs are energy efficient and can directly impact the cost of heating and cooling your home, saving on energy bills.
3. Metal roofs are low maintenance, meaning minimal costs when it comes to the upkeep of your roof.
4. Metal roofing is also lightweight, this ensures minimal stress on the roof framing, foundations walls and overall structure of your property. Meaning less damage and, maintenance to your property long term.
Will having a metal roof enhance the appearance and value of my home?
In short, yes! Metal roofing offers a huge variety of colours and flexibility when it comes to the aesthetics of your home. Giving you the opportunity to achieve the look and feel you want with a vast array of designs.